This is not a new issue, as many users report being logged out without apparent reason. So what is the problem, and why does Spotify log me out? This article will explain why Spotify might log you out and how you can resolve it.
Over the past few years, Spotify has gained a lot of popularity. It has become one of the most famous music apps in the world. You can find a wide variety of content on the site, including music and podcasts. Have you ever experienced the problem of logging out of Spotify when you opened it to listen to music?
Reasons Why Spotify May Log You Out
There are various reasons why Spotify may log you out, such as:
- When Spotify is experiencing a server outage, you may face this issue. Spotify will log you out when its server is down.
- There is also a possibility that an issue with the firmware may be related to this. Often, outdated firmware for iOS or Android may also be the culprit.
- If you logged into your account on another device and have since signed out from all your devices, you will experience this issue. You may have also changed your password.
- Many times third-party apps on your device may also cause this issue.
Fix Spotify Randomly Logging Out
You can follow these troubleshooting steps to fix Spotify if you have encountered this issue. If you have encountered this issue, you can take several troubleshooting steps listed below:
Wait For Sometime
As we discussed, you may face this issue when the server of Spotify is down. Due to some issues in the server, you may be logged out of Spotify. You can check the status of Spotify from the Downdetector website.
During a network outage, you can’t do anything but wait for the server to come back up. Otherwise, if there are no issues with the server, you can move on to the next troubleshooting step.
Update Spotify App
Many times you may face this issue due to an outdated app. You will be logged out of Spotify repeatedly if there is an app bug. If the masses encounter this issue, developers release the bug fix every update.
If you still encounter the issue, update Spotify on your device. Update the app using the PlayStore if you have an Android device; update it from the App Store if you have an iOS device. If you have a Windows PC, you can update it using the Microsoft Store.
Update System Firmware
Many users have reported that updating their system firmware to the latest version helped them fix the issue. You should try updating the system firmware and then check if the issue is encountered or not.
You are good to go if you no longer face the issue. However, if you still face the issue, you can move to the following troubleshooting steps in this article.
Change Your Password
It would help if you changed your account’s password and logged in again. If your friend has access to your account, it may happen that they have logged you out or changed the password. In this situation, you can log in to Spotify again if you change your account password.
To change your password, follow the steps given below-
- Click Here to head to the Spotify login page.
- Here, click on Forgot your password. Option.
- You will now be asked to enter your email address or username. Enter the required details, and verify the captcha. Click on Send.
- You will now get a password reset link on your mail. Follow the instructions on the link to reset your password.
- Once done, try signing into your account and check if you can log in or not.
Reinstall Spotify App
You should try reinstalling the Spotify app if the issue is still not fixed. To do so, follow the steps given below-
- Uninstall the Spotify app on your device.
- Now, download and install the Spotify app from Play Store (if using Android), iOS (if using the iOS device), or Microsoft Store (if using Windows PC).
- Open the Spotify app, log in to your account, and you will no longer face this issue.
Given below are some FAQs related to Spotify and the login issues you may face with it-
Why Does Spotify Keep Logging Me Out?
You may face this issue when Spotify is down, someone changed your password, or there is some issue within the app.
Can Spotify Accounts Get Hacked?
Yes, Spotify accounts get hacked, and many accounts are getting hacked every day. Due to this, account owners cannot access the music and their playlist.
How Do I Fix Spotify Log Me Out?
Earlier, we discussed some troubleshooting steps to help you solve the Spotify repeatedly logging out the issue. The instructions in this article can help you resolve the problem.
Why Can’t I Log In To My Spotify Account?
Spotify will not allow you to log in if you forget your password. If you forget your password, you will not be able to log in.
If Spotify logged you out and cannot sign in, then the above article will help you. In this article, we have discussed some troubleshooting steps to help fix the issue of Spotify Log Me Out randomly.